Suzuki has brought the goods to make it to the top but was it enough to take down last year’s champ? Check out the full story in our 2009 250F Motocross Shootout.
- 2009 250F Shootout
- Sherri Cruse looked comfortable on the same brand as her 2008 WMA race bike, but all of the machines were too tall for her diminutive frame in stock condition.
- Moving through gears is quick and painless. The Zook did miss a gear once or twice, but it’s also shifted more than any other bike due to the soft power.
- The 47mm cartridge-style fork moves through the travel very quickly. Some extra volume or heavier oil would benefit more aggressive riders.
- Hammering through the whoops was one area where the advanced riders had problems with the Showa suspension blowing too quickly through the stroke.
- Some changes in gearing would benefit the RM-Z, blasting out of corners with more authority.
- One area where the Z250 does stand out is in the ergonomics. The bike feels very similar to the Honda in respects to layout but is slightly larger.
- The ergos are instictive and it makes life aboard the yellow bike very comfortable.
- Our novice was also enamored with the engine characteristics and felt confident it would be at or near the top if the rear sprocket was enlarged.
- 2009 Suzuki RM-Z250F