- The one thing our testers did agree on was that the YZ can be very fun to ride, especially in the right circumstances.
- Our novice was one of the riders who favors the 4-stroke. The YZ was just too unpredictable for him and the confidence and precise control allowed by the 250F is ultimately a better fit.
- The AMA now allows 250 2-strokes to run in the 250F division which has opened a whole new avenue for non-professionals.
- Weighing the same as our KX250F, the 231-pound machine has a distinct advantage in terms of sheer horsepower.
- The 2-stroke is definitely a faster machine, but it takes more skill to get the most out of it
- Professionally, the YZ250 (12) has to compete against the likes of Yamaha's YZ450F (7) and the rest of the 450 monsters. Now, with rule changes by the AMA, amateurs can race the 2-stroke in the 250F class which is much more realistic.
- Tod - 'I own a YZ250 - and love it!'
- 2009 Yamaha YZ250