- BMW unveiled the Concept 6 at the 2009 EICMA Milan Bike Show.
- The Straight Six powering the Concept, says BMW, 'follows the well-known Straight Four in the K1300 model series.'
- Not all the details are in but the Concept 6's engine is identified as a 1.6 liter displacement via a 'slightly oversquare bore:stroke ration with relatively long stroke and very small gaps between cylinders.'
- Like the K-Series, the Concept 6’s cylinders are tilted forward by 55 degrees.
- BMW’s Duolever and Paralever suspension units are present, along with beefy six-piston calipers and 17-inch hoops
- The Inline Six centers the design of the Concept 6, surrounded by a 'light-alloy bridge frame.'
- The Six theme carries over to the exhaust, which features a six-chamber system and outlets.
- BMW forsees the Inline Six powering a future touring motorcycle.