Taking victory at the Grand Prix of Lombardia, Antonio Cairoli wrote a new page in Motocross history as he collected the maiden Grand Prix win of a 350cc machine with the KTM 350 SX-F. Check out all the latest photos from the 2010 FIM Motocross Lombardia Grand Prix.
- Red Bull KTM Factory Racing's Antonio Cairoli celebrated his first MX1 GP victory on the new KTM 350 SX-F racing machine on Sunday in front of his home crowd in Mantova Italy.
- Desalle took the lead when David Philippaerts crashed on the third lap, leaving the Suzuki rider to set the moto winning pace.
- Desalle could not repeat his positive launch in Moto2 and pushed hard to reach the top-five and make sure of his second trophy in a week.
- "It felt great to get my first win in the first moto. I knew Cairoli was coming closer at the end but I could control the distance." - Clement Desalle
- David Philippaerts was leading the first moto at the Grand Prix of Lombardia until a crash, which was then followed by an excellent recovery and finally thwarted by a damaged exhaust.
- Evgeny Bobryshev recovered from a crash in Moto 1 to place 14th and then started brightly in Moto2 to persist in the battle for a mid top ten slot.
- “It was a really rough track today. I did not think it could get much worse than it did yesterday but when that second moto came around, man, it was beat, really gnarly." - Jimmy Albertson
- Jonathan Barragan - 2010 FIM Motocross Grand Prix of Lombardia
- Ken de Dycker suffered two falls in the Qualification Heat that left him ruing 19th place in the gate for the motos. The Belgian shook off the limitation from the line to slot into top ten contention and rise steadily to 4th and 5th positions for his best showing yet with Monster Yamaha.
- The second race almost completely belonged to KTM's Jeffrey Herlings (11). He surged ahead of the pack and looked dangerously close to taking his first ever moto victory until he was outfoxed in the final seconds by his teammate Marvin Musquin (1).
- Maximilian Nagl who was twice third in the brutal soft sand of the Italian circuit finished third overall behind Cairoli and Clement Desalle of Belgium.
- MX1 pack roars in to the first corner - 2010 FIM Motocross Grand Prix of Lombardia
- Antonio Cairoli would give KTM's new 350 SX-F its first overall win with team mate Max Nagl not far behind in third.
- KTM's Antonio Cairoli (222) and Maximilian Nagl (2) grabbed some valuable points at Mantova taking 1st and 3rd overall.
- Marvin Musquin continued his title defense with another clean sweep of first place. Second was Suzuki's Ken Roczen followed by KTM junior rider Jeff Herlings.
- Sebastien Pourcel - 2010 FIM Motocross Grand Prix of Lombardia
- Steve Ramon endured the day and finished seventh overall. The 30 year old was handicapped by two poor starts and a layout that did not lend itself to ample overtaking opportunities.
- “It was a hard track but I liked it. My starts were actually not that bad but I went too wide on the first corner and lost positions. I got back to ninth but that was nothing special. I crashed at the beginning of the next moto and then went down on the last lap. To be honest I don’t think I am fully recovered from the accident in Bulgaria." - Tanel Leok