MotoUSA jets up to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to get our first taste of the vastly improved KTM RC8R Superbike. Does it perform as well as it looks? Find out in our 2010 KTM RC8R First Ride.
- Putting the new KTM to the test at Laguna Seca.
- Prowess at full-lean was without question the shining point for the 2010 KTM RC8R.
- We instantly found the 'R' to be a massive improvement over the base KTM RC8.
- KTM held the press introduction for the 2010 KTM RC8R at the beautiful Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and we enjoyed every last second.
- Black Brembo monobloc front brakes are top-spec and some of the best on the market.
- Bombing through corkscrew on the new Katoom. Not a bad day at the office. Not at all...
- Lofting it up out of the final corner at the dry lakebed. This came with ease.
- Cranked over through Rainey Curve at the 'Seca, MotoUSA puts the new KTM RC8R to the test.
- Hard on the gas exiting the final turn at Laguna Seca.
- 2010 KTM RC8R limited edition Red Bull German Superbike replica.
- 2010 KTM RC8R at Laguna Seca. Quite the combo.
- Black and white make the new KTM look that much better. The original in orange was no ugly duckling, either.
- Forged aluminum wheels grace the 'R' model for reduced weight, as does and updated shock and black powercoated swingarm.
- Monobloc Brembo brakes grace the front for the RC8R and are some of the best on the market today.
- Fairing design stays the same for the 'R' model but it gets while painted number plates and a 'double bubble' windscreen.
- KTM's LED dash relays everything from the tach to temp to lap times.