Our scooter expert delivers his most recent review of the Kymco Yager GT 200i, a Chinese-built scooter with excellent handling and sturdy design all for under $3,500. Check out the full story in 2010 Kymco Yager GT 200i Review.
- The Yager has ample storage under the seat and includes a passenger backrest and luggage rack.
- A passenger backrest is one of the great amenities offered on the Yager.
- The scooter has back-heavy characteristics and low ground clearance, but overall it is well-suited for the highway.
- Built by the Chinese, the Kymco Yager GT 200i strikes a fine balance between economy and luxury for entry-level buyers.
- The 31-inch seat height of the Kymco Yager GT 200i is more like a motorcycle than a scooter.
- The Yager comes complete with fuel injection and is powered by a 174.5cc liquid-cooled engine. It's housed in a tube-steel frame and the scooter had a dry weight of 308 lbs.
- The Yager GT 200i has a well-tuned CVT transmission that gives it a snappy feel.
- The Yager has a steeply-sloped front end and sharp edges along the grill which give it a unique look.
- Kymco also makes it easy to adjust the rear shocks with a convenient tool kit.
- There is an anti-theft cover for the ignition switch and a digital fuel gauge, clock and speedometer.
- With no surprises, the Yager rides easily with good throttle response and smooth handling.
- The Yager has a 13-inch front tire and 12-inch rear with low-profile tires offering even more traction.
- 2010 Kymco Yager GT 200i