MotorcycleUSA enlists overseas help to examine the new adventure touring bike from Yamaha. Read all about the bike in our 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere First Ride.
- Traction control settings help to adjust for different terrain, but the ABS is not switchable, which might deter some riders.
- Yamaha knows there's room to play in the adventure bike market, but it didn't necessarily jump straight in and try to take down the established heavyweights.
- So in all, the Super Tenere is an adequate all-rounder. It’s fun, comfortable and easy to ride.
- Nimble handling and a great linked braking system are two of the Yamaha's stong points.
- The Tenere has a smooth motor that isn't exatly what our tester would call exciting, but it gets the job done.
- The Super Tenere strikes an attractive pose against the Saharan sands, but our initial ride indicates that this touring machine is more comfortable on the pavement.