View photos of the Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 in action then learn what it is like to ride in the 2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 First Ride motorcycle review.
- Subpar fuel mileage and a small fuel tank limit range.
- The aluminum handlebar has a low bend but is still comfortable on the street.
- The Dorsoduro’s display is easy to read but is hard to navigate using the handlebar-mounted controls.
- A wide aluminum handlebar delivers everyday comfort.
- The twin undertail mufflers emit an ear pleasing roar even at idle.
- The Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 is the Transformer of motorcycles.
- With 60 lb-ft of torque available from as low as 4000 revs it’s hard to keep the front wheel on the ground in lower gears.
- Braking is one area that the Aprilia really excels at.
- Ground clearance is a big improvement as compared to the 750 model.
- The Dorsoduro 1200's suspension offers ideal balance between sport and comfort.
- The Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 is a surprisingly comfortable bike on the street.
- The Dorsoduro 1200 could benefit from the fitment of a slipper clutch which would negate rear wheel chatter during aggressive corner entry.
- Easy handling is a forte of the ’11 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200.
- Even though the Brembo calipers aren’t the latest and greatest monobloc-type they work great and are easy to manipulate with aggression.
- The heart of the Dorsoduro 1200 is a 1197cc liquid-cooled V-Twin engine.
- The open cockpit allows the rider to move around the motorcycle.
- The 2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 is priced at $11,999.
- 2011 Aprilia Dorsoduro 1200 dyno graph.