Check out the Ducati 1198 SP Superbike model lineup in the 2011 Ducati 1198 Sportbike photo gallery.
- The 2011 Ducati 1198 SP has race derived pistons that are designed to decrease friction while increasing their strength.
- Much to the surprise of everyone the 1198 SP will only cost $200 more than the 2010 S model.
- Gearbox specifications allow the 1198 SP to achieve a high ratio 6th gear.
- The bike includes many weight reducing characteristics, such as a carbon fiber front fender.
- The 1198 SP comes with the optional spacer kit that allows the mirros to be extended by 30mm over standard mirror length.
- The factory team-style aluminum fuel tank weighs in at 2.2 pounds and actually increases the bike's fuel capacity to 4.75 gallons.
- Replacing the 1198 S, the 2011 Ducati 1198 SP includes upgrades such as a slipper clutch and a quick shifter.
- 2011 Ducati 1198 SP
- Also getting upgrades is the 1198 base model, which now comes with Ducati Traction Control (DTC), Ducati Data Analyzer (DDA) and the Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) as standard equipment.