Motorcycle USA takes a trip down to Carmel, CA to take part in the Quail Motorcyle Ride,a 110-mile run on the Monterey Peninsula with a bunch of vintage motorcycles which culminated in a touring lap of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.
- The ride culminated in a dinner in the Quail Lodge's banquet room and the opportunity to get a preview of the bikes in the Bonhams & Butterfields auction like this 1928 Triumph.
- Shelby Thompson of AFT Customs was all smiles as she rode the ground-up custom called 'Kemosabe' on the 2011 Quail Motorcycle Ride.
- This unique looking Kawasaki 250 was a competitor in the Vetter Fuel Economy Challenge which aimed to see which motorcycle could get the most miles out of the least amount of gas.
- Laverda owners were representing at the Quail Motorcyle Ride.
- This rider looks ready to do the ton-up on his classic Laverda.
- What could be better than getting to turn a lap at Laguna Seca? Maybe having a catered lunch at the Corkscrew.
- The Mule is a dirt tracker based off the Harley Sportster.
- Not all the bikes at the Quail Motorcycle Ride were vintage. The Motomorphic JaFM is a state-of-the-art motorcycle.
- An eclectic assortment of motorcycles line Carmel Valley Road.
- Enthusiasts gather around to hear the route directions for the Quail Motorcycle Ride.
- Lined up and ready to get the party started at the Quail Motorcycle Ride.
- Sometimes it's good to take a friend along for the ride.
- The Quail Motorcyle Ride gave me an opportunity to spin my first lap at Laguna Seca - on a bagger, no less.
- Old meets new. The Vaquero parked next to a Vincent.
- Classic motorcycles turned out in force to take part in the 2011 Quail Motorcycle Ride.
- The classic Vincent insignia.