Go behind the scenes as MotorcycleUSA conducts its annual industry-leading liter-class sportbike shootout at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. Find out what motorcycle came out on top in the 2011 Superbike Smackdown VIII Track comparison.
- Honda’s CBR1000RR once again set the fastest laps in Superpole.
- The Michelin Power One treaded race tire was the Official Tire of Superbike Smackdown this year.
- 2011 Superbike Smackdown VIII Track was held at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway.
- Waheed follows Rapp onto the track during Superbike Smackdown VIII.
- Steve Rapp at the controls of the KTM RC8R during Superpole.
- Monster Energy supported Superbike Smackdown making sure everyone had fuel in them to pound out laps on the Superbikes.
- Southern California’s Chuckwalla Valley Raceway was the site of the track edition of Superbike Smackdown 2011.
- The KTM RC8R and Yamaha YZF-R1 are two of the seven bikes competing in this year’s Superbike Smackdown Track.
- 2011 Superbike Smackdown VIII Track
- Data acquisition was handled by Kinelogix.
- Steve Rapp puts in a flyer during our timed Superpole session.
- Waheed prepares to hit the track on KTM’s RC8R. Notice the matching leathers… Coincidence? We think not.
- Rapp couldn’t stop talking about how fun Yamaha’s R1 was to ride at Chuckwalla.
- MotorcycleUSA Superbike Smackdown VIII at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway.
- Celebrity guest test rider Steve Rapp (right) and MotorcycleUSA’s Adam Waheed (left) confer before going out for Superpole.
- Celebrity guest test rider Steve Rapp (left) and MotorcycleUSA’s Adam Waheed (right) display their Superpole times.
- Steve Rapp aboard the Kawasaki ZX-10R.