The MotoUSA crew recently attended the 2011 Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari to get a healthy dose of dirt and dust on four wheels. Check out how the guys fared in the 2011 Teirra Del Sol Desert Safari article.
- The MotoUSA crew took a Kawasaki Teryx to Truck Haven, California for the 2011 Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari.
- After just a few attempts, Ken was climbing over sections of Truck Haven that had stopped some serious 4X4s in their tracks.
- Some serious crawlers were in attendance at the Tierra Del Sol Safari. This machine took second at the 2011 King of the Hammers race.
- What can seem like a simple obstacle at the Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari can be anything but.
- Just one mistake can put you on your lid at the Desert Safari.
- As nice as some of the Jeeps were at the Tierra Del Sol, it would be hard to imagine the pain of putting a scratch on them. That is why we prefer the Teryx; plastic is much cheaper than sheet metal.
- Ken pondered how much speed it would take to get the Teryx into the air like Team Gen Right's machine.
- Ken was fairly confident with the crawling capabilities of the Teryx but was still surprised how well the unit handled the walls of "the Notch."
- We could have played all day on the walls of "The Notch," but there was plenty of other terrain to explore.
- The Kawasaki Teryx makes quick work of almost any type of obstacle in its path.
- The stable platform of the Teryx makes it well suited for rock crawling duties as well as hauling the mail through the desert.
- The locking differential of the Teryx makes tricky sections of the trail a breeze when combined with the power of its 750cc engine.
- Ken tries to duplicate the antics of Team Gen Right in the Kawasaki Teryx.
- Climbing down obstacles was just as fun as climbing up behind the wheel of the Teryx.