Check out photos of the 2011 Yamaha WR450F project bike. This off-roader gets some minor mods to make it a better all-around dirt bike.
- The Yamaha WR450F is one of our all-time favorite trail bikes.
- It can be easy to forget about a bike like the Yamaha WR450F because it hasn’t seen significant updates in several years.
- We included a set of Cycra Stealth handguards to keep our hands safe
- Excellent torque is one of the Yamaha's strong points.
- Good deals can be found on the WR450F. Watch for Yamaha to give it some love in the coming years.
- First we updated the controls with a set of ASV unbreakable levers for the clutch and front brake.
- The titanium header turns a beautiful blue after heat cycling. A carbon fiber guard protects the rider's leg.
- Shedding a few pounds helps the WR in the handling department.
- Small jumps and trail debris are gobbled up by the suspension.
- At home on the trails, the WR is planted but nimble for a large enduro.
- Carbon fiber and titanium construction make the Leo Vince exhaust beautiful and light.