We use the Yamaha YZ125 as a benchmark to test our Craigslist Honda CR125 project bike.
- Yamaha is one of two manufacturers still bringing a 125cc motocross bike into America.
- Smaller riders felt more at home on the Yamaha.
- The YZ will find and hold any line in a corner.
- The YZ rewards aggressive riders.
- Moving around the narrow and flat seat is easy.
- It's tough to beat the fun factor provided by a 125, even if it's a used bike.
- The YZ has very good bottom end for a 125.
- Clutching is a little smoother on the Yamaha.