Yamaha is one of the few motorcycle brands to still offer a 125cc two-stroke. Is it an ancient relic or a fun, cheap way to get into racing? Test Editor Adam Waheed decides in the 2011 Yamaha YZ125 SRA Grand Prix Race Test
- You won’t find a more agile dirt bike than Yamaha’s YZ125.
- Grand prix racing is a mix of motocross and off-road and is well suited to two-stroke dirt bikes.
- The SRA motorcycle racing club offers a 125cc race class at Glen Helen Raceway.
- As long as you keep your momentum and keep the engine singing on the pipe the YZ125 has no problem tackling Glen Helen’s steep inclines.
- Yamaha’s YZ125 weighs considerably less than four-stroke dirt bikes.
- 2011 Yamaha YZ125.