- The YZ’s peaky powerband can make it more challenging to ride on slippery terrain.
- With its peaky powerband the Yamaha YZ250 isn’t the easiest bike to launch compared to a four-stroke.
- Reduced engine braking during deceleration is a hallmark trait of Yamaha’s YZ250.
- In the air and on the ground the YZ250 feels agile and is simpler to maneuver.
- It may not be the fastest bike or the easiest to ride but the Yamaha YZ250 two-stroke it is definitely the most fun.
- Grand prix racing is a mix of motocross and off-road and is well suited to two-stroke dirt bikes.
- The Yamaha YZ250 responds best when the rider carries momentum and keeps the throttle pegged.
- Even against 450 four-strokes the smaller 250cc two-stroke engine delivers an high level of power even up Glen Helen’s near vertical hills.
- In terms of sheer excitement you’ll be hard pressed to find another bike more fun to ride than a Yamaha YZ two-stroke.