Harley-Davidson’s 2012 CVO Softail Convertible makes it into production for the third consecutive year, offering buyers two motorcycles (tourer and cruiser) in one. Read more in the 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible First Ride article.
- Buyers of the 2012 CVO Softail Convertible in essence get two bikes in one as the windshield, saddlebags, passenger pillion and backrest pop off quickly without the need of any tools.
- Introducing the 2012 Harley-Davidson CVO Softail Convertible.
- A Road Tech zumo 660 GPS Navigator with an MP3 player is integrated into the redesigned windshield of the CVO Softail Convertible.
- There's enough custom paint and chrome trim on the rear of the 2012 CVO Softail Convertible to make it look sharp without the bags on.
- The passenger pillion and backrest on the CVO Convertible pop off easily for a more custom look.
- The rider's triangle of the CVO Softail Convertible feels very compact. At a laden 24.4 inches, it has the second-lowest seat height among Harleys.
- Harley spent a lot of resources redesigning the windshield, going both taller and wider in an effort to reduce wind blast around the head and torso.
- The leather saddlebags of the CVO Softail are detachable, lockable and seal up tight to keep the rain out.
- The Satin Pewter paint job on the tank of the 2012 CVO Softail Convertible is highlighted by hand-painted skulls.
- The CVO Softail Convertible is a lively ride thanks to a 110 cubic-inch Twin Cam V-Twin and a high-flow Ventilator air intake.
- Without the windscreen, attention is focused on the cool mini-ape handlebars of the 2012 CVO Softail Convertible.
- The 2012 CVO Softail Convertible has an optional distressed brown leather seat that's only available with the Satin Pewter paint scheme.
- The Softail Convertible is the only one of the CVOs to feature a rigid-mounted Twin Cam 110B engine.
- The combination of a 200mm wide rear and floorboards that touch down way too early cost the Softail Convertible in cornering.
- The Harley is one tough machine, thats for sure.