Look at photos of the 2012 Honda CRF250X Project Bike to see the components and shots of the bike in action.
- The MSR Evolution hand guards protect against crashing and debris.
- Adding the MSR Evolution hand shields is a smart move for off-road riders.
- The 250X model comes with two side brackets that bolt together on the back of the radiator so as not to impair air flow.
- we snared a set of the MSR Dominator bars. These aluminum bars will fit into the stock bar mounts. The MSR Evolution Handguards and Clamps do not fit on the MSR Dominator handlebars.
- MSR grip levers are outstanding in wet or muddy conditions.
- There’s no point in splashing a lot of bling on a workhorse like this, so affordable parts that we can bash are right up our alley.
- One resource that is a well-known for motocross and off-road riding gear is MSR, but the Tucker Rocky-distributed brand has a full catalog of hard parts as well.
- Since this is an off-road bike and we stand up a lot, we ordered the CR High version. The bar is 800mm wide, 10mm less than the Mid/Low options, and is 91mm tall with 63mm of sweep.
- They use a long bolt/brace at the top and bottom to secure it across the front.
- These are some of our favorite grips because they’re highly comfortable and very tacky.
- Welds on the skidplate are a little ugly, but they have proven strong. Logs have had no visible impact.
- Going to the 13T made a huge difference and now the CRF can be ridden on most tight terrain in second. Third gear is now a regular ripper for trail riding. A quick stab at the clutch brings up the front wheel in either gear.
- The block-off kit reduced the weight of the X and it now feels like it revs a little freer.
- Plans to boost performance on the CRF250X started by removing the emissions hardware. Applied Racing makes a Block-Off Kit which plugs up the holes with billet aluminum plates and screws.
- The MSR fuel mixture screw allows the rider to make on-the-trail adjustments.
- We pulled the stock fuel mixture screw (shown) and replaced it with an adjustable MSR fuel mixture screw.