We put the 2012 Honda CRF450R up against the competition to see which racer would reign supreme when the track ends and the trail begins. Read all about it in the 2012 450 MX Off-Road Shootout.
- If you are into technical off-road riding the lightweight and compact 2012 CRF450R might be the bike for you.
- Riding the 2012 CRF450R at full-tilt speed in the dunes requires concentration, as the front-end is very active.
- The 2012 Honda CRF450R shreds in the turns.
- In the dunes the 2012 Honda CRF450R was a great jumper thanks to its stiffer suspension.
- Although the 2012 CRF450R was not the most powerful bike in the test, it is not slow!
- The 2012 CRF450R is a light and nimble off-road mount that is easy to control in the air as well.
- The 2012 Honda CRF450R was more suited to the tight trails and technical sections of Ocotillo than the high speeds of the sand dunes.
- The 2012 CRF450R struggled a bit with high speed stability in the dunes and in fast desert settings.
- The compact size of the 2012 CRF450F makes for easy mid-air corrections.
- The 2012 Honda CRF450R is light and playful off-road bike.
- High speed runs on the 2012 Honda CRF450R revealed a flighty front end.
- 2012 Honda CRF450R Dyno Graph
- 2012 450 MX Off-Road Shootout Horsepower
- 2012 450 MX Off-Road Shootout Torque