See photos of the 2012 Honda Gold Wing in the 2012 Honda Goldwing photo gallery. Read more in our 2012 Honda Gold Wing First Look article.
- Celebrating its 36th production year, Big Red claims an astounding 640,000 unit sales of the name sake model since its 1975 model year debut.
- Essentially a class of its own in the luxury touring market, this year The Wing faces off against a formidable challenger in the Inline-Six powered BMW K1600GT.
- Road performance upgrades are limited to new suspension settings at both the 45mm fork and single rear shock. The suspension tweaks are promised to “yield added compliance for a better ride and more comfort.”
- Straight angles and lines replace the predecessor’s curvier contours, particularly noticeable in the fairing and saddlebags.
- A cursory glance seems to reveal the same old Wing. Closer examination side by side with the previous year’s model and styling revisions are apparent.
- The new fairing shape isn’t all about looks, with Honda touting improved wind protection to the rider’s legs and lower body.
- The saddlebags also feature practical improvements with their new form, with an extra seven liters of storage space claimed.
- 2012 Honda Gold Wing
- Profile of the new 2012 Honda Gold Wing.
- A subtle refresh of the instrumentation give the Gold Wing a more modern look.
- A brighter screen displays information from the latest version of the Honda Satellite Linked Navigation System.
- The new Nav is complemented by an updated audio system, featuring SRS CS Auto surround-sound and MP3/iPod connectivity
- Honda Satellite Linked Navigation System.
- The new bags team with the standard trunk and fairing pockets for 'well over 150 liters' of storage.
- The airbag returns as an optional feature on the Gold Wing.
- Electric Reverse system remains a standard feature on the 2012 Gold Wing.