We put the Husqvarna TC449 up against its rivals in the 450 class to find out which machine would take the crown. Read the 2012 450 Motocross Shootout to see the results.
- Our most experienced test rider, Rich Taylor, said it took some time to get use to the Husqvarna due to how unique it rides.
- Even our 6’4” test rider, Bret Milan, didn’t complain about the Husky’s rider compartment being too small.
- The Husqvarna is an interesting concept and if it could shed some serious weight it could be instantly competitive.
- Test rider Scott Simon proves that the Husqvarna is maneuverable in the air despite its weight.
- The Husqvarna TC449 steers well and surprised us with the way it felt in turns.
- The Husqvarna takes a few laps to get use to with its unusual ergonomics.
- With Its smooth powerband the Husqvarna hooks up well off the corner.
- With its fuel tank located beneath the seat it’s easy to scoot forward in the seat to enhance turning accuracy.
- 2012 Husqvarna TC449 $7999
- 2012 Husqvarna TC449 $7999.
- 2012 450 Motocross horsepower graph
- 2012 450 Motocross torque graph
- The Husqvarna TC449 posted competitive power but since it was so heavy it was hard to notice its engine.