Check out photos of our 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R Drag Bike Project in the 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R Drag Bike photo gallery. Read about the Friday Night Grudge Match and all the upgrades in the 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R Drag Bike Project.
- Ken's made more passes at the drag strip aboard the Kawasaki ZX-14R than on all the other motorcycles he's drag raced combined.
- With family watching from the stands, Ken laid out a nice, long burnout before beating a stock Kawasaki ZX-9R.
- At the end of the day, drag racing is a great time and turned out to be a fantastic place to bring the family.
- At the end of the day it's all about some friendly compeition between people who love to go fast.
- Ken ran passes in an ICON Airframe Carbon Lifeform helmet, ICON Overlord Long gloves, an Alpinestars Stunt Jacket, A-10 Pants and Suptertech R boots.
- Even though the Hayabusa got off the line faster than the ZX-14R, Ken was able to take the win after the 'Busa's air-shifter ran dry.
- Ken ended with the Grudge Match win and went home with a 32oz beer mug as trophy.
- The 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R is a drag racing weapon, able to curn out 186 horsepower.
- We added a set of Muzzys Sportbike Radial Caliper Strap Brackets to allow the use of a lowering strap to drop the front end.
- We used a Schnitz Racing lowering strap and connected it to the Muzzys brackets. Lowering the front end this way has become commonplace among drag racers who don't want to go through the more permanent process of lowering the fork in the triple clamps.
- After winning the 2012 Hyper-Bike Shootout, we decided to fine tune the 2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R to see just how much power we could get from this racing machine.
- One of the last quick upgrades was a My-Pro Tether Kill Switch that fit cleanly on the right handlebar next to the throttle housing.
- The nylon tether cord un-plugs a male fitting from the switch unit in case of a crash.
- We added a Myrtle-West 3-Hole Adjustable Lowering Kit, a longer linkage on the rear shock, to lower the rear end of the Kawasaki ZX-14R.
- The Myrtle-West 3-Hole Adjustable Lowering Kit replaces the stock linkage on the rear shock.
- The Myrtle-West 3-Hole Adjustable Lowering Kit allows for up to two inches of adjustability at the back of the bike.