Ohlins releases an all-new semi-active electronic shock for Kawasaki’s Ninja ZX-10R and we test it in this sportbike product review. Learn more in the Ohlins Mechatronic Electronic Shock Review.
- Ohlins introduces an OE-compatible electronic rear shock for sportbikes, including the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R.
- The Mechatronic shock delivers a more firm and responsive ride. It also sharpened steering.
- Although it offers firmer feel on track and during spirited riding the shock is still plush over bumps and rough pavement.
- The Mechatronic shock is only a few hundred dollars more than the manually adjusted TTX36 MK II used by many AMA and World Superbike race teams.
- The Ohlins Mechatronic shock is a direct bolt-on replacement for stock. It communicates with the motorcycle’s electronics via its own ECU that plus into the OE-wiring harness through a diagnostic connection.