The 2012 Speed Triple R is a highly upgraded model from Triumph’s standard streetfighter. Read the 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R First Ride to find out what we thought of this special model.
- PVM forged wheels made specifically for the 2012 Speed Triple R reduce the rotational inertia by up to 25%.
- The 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R gets a dose of carbon fiber.
- The 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R features a Ohlins TTX36 rear shock as well as a 43mm Ohlins NIX30 front fork.
- The feel and power from the Speed Triple R's Brembo Monoblock calipers is unreal.
- The 2012 Speed Triple R comes with Pirelli Supercorsa SP tires, Ohlins suspension, Brembo monoblock brakes and a bunch of carbon fiber parts.
- We headed to Jerez, Spain to test the 2012 Speed Triple R on a proper MotoGP track.
- The 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R has nearly $7500 in upgraded parts for a $4000 increase in price.
- The 2012 Speed Triple R comes in black or white - both with a red subframe to designate its special status.
- The R-spec treatment gives the 2012 Speed Triple R a host of premium parts for a truly exciting naked bike.
- The 2012 Speed Triple R is right at home on the track but will still be a great street mount.
- To my surprise the 2012 Speed Triple R handled the fast and flowing layout of Jerez with ease.
- The low end punch of the 2012 Speed Triple R is the same as the standard model making it a wheelie monster.
- The 2012 Triumph Speed Triple R is rock solid when cranked over at speed.
- The Speed Triple R is solid and planted at track speeds in almost any situation.
- The Pirelli Supercorsa SP tires on the 2012 Speed Triple R are nothing short of amazing.
- Although the 2012 Speed Triple R is refined for the track and street with premium part it is still a hooligan at heart.