We put the 2012 Yamaha YZ450F up against the competition to see which racer would reign supreme when the track ends and the trail begins. Read all about it in the 2012 450 MX Off-Road Shootout.
- Even though the riding position takes some getting to used to on the YZ450F, it is still a fun bike to play with in the desert.
- The YZ450F is solid as a rock when hauling the mail down sand washes and wide open desert.
- We experienced some push from the front of the 2012 YZ450F, especially in slower turns and corners.
- The 2012 Yamaha YZ450F takes a bit more muscle to blast a turn than some of the other machines in this shootout.
- The 2012 Yamaha YZ450F worked awesome when the speeds were high.
- On the tight technical trails the 2012 Yamaha YZ450F is a bit more work.
- The 2012 Yamaha YZ450F is one of the most stable machines in this shootout, maybe too stable.
- The 2012 Yamaha YZ450F uses a unique engine configuration in its bid for 450 MX supremacy.
- The 2012 Yamaha YZ450F finished in fourth place in our first ever 450 MX Off-road shootout.
- The 2012 YZ450F makes a great high speed desert sled.
- Some of our testers felt the YZ450F could use a kittle more power when facing tough hill climbs.
- 2012 Yamaha YZ450F Dyno Chart
- 2012 450 MX Off-Road Shootout Horsepower
- 2012 450 MX Off-Road Shootout Torque