We outfit a Yamaha R1 sportbike with a few components from the Yamaha accessory catalog in hopes of increasing comfort on the street. Did it work? Find out in the 2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 Project Bike test.
- The Bridgestone S20 tires offered ample grip on the street but the level of feel wasn’t as good as we recalled with some of its other hypersport tires.
- The raised Yamaha accessory windscreen reduces wind buffeting and makes the cockpit of the R1 more quiet and comfortable.
- By adding a few pieces from the Yamaha accessory catalog the R1 becomes an even more versatile sportbike and now allows for cross country touring escapades.
- Exploring all of what the world has to offer is one of the joys of motorcycling.
- With the addition of Cortech luggage the R1 becomes a capable sport tourer.