After 10 months of riding our CRF450R still rides like new due in part to regular maintenance and a few performance and aesthetic updates. Find out more in the 2013 Honda CRF450R Project Bike article.
- The Windham replica graphics kit also included a seat cover. The cover has more grip material compared to stock.
- We fitted a Kevin Windham racing replica graphics kit in honor of the legendary Supercross and motocross rider. The decals are thicker than stock and better resist pitting and sand blast from normal riding.
- More than ever Honda’s latest 2013 CRF450R proves to be a versatile dirt bike that works well on tracks, trails and even at the desert.
- Fox Shox digital pump is more accurate than the OE-supplied dial gauge-style pump displaying air pressure in increments of 0.5 psi.
- We replaced the OE-fitted Geomax tires from Dunlop with a set from Bridgestone. We selected its intermediate terrain M404 rear knob (120/80-19) as it provides excellent traction on a wide variety of SoCal dirt.
- We ditched the CRF450R’s stock plastic brake disc guard in order to let more air flow to dissipate heat during braking. We also slung on a intermediate terrain M403 tire from Bridgestone (80/100-21). The tire offers superior traction than the stock Geomax over a wide variety of SoCal dirt.