- This John Deere is designed to get off the farm and head into the OHV trails.
- Styling on the new Gator is angular and aggressive. Four headlights grace the front end and the engine hood has an air scoop.
- The 2013 John Deere Gator RSX850i Recreational Utility Vehicle comes in three different trims: Base, Trail and Sport.
- John Deere is branching out from its strong roots in the farming and utility industry and joining the ranks of sport UTV manufacturers.
- A V-Twin engine made by Piaggio cranks out a claimed 62 horsepower and 59.5 lb-ft. of torque from its 839cc displacement.
- The liquid-cooled machine transfers power through a CVT transmission with the usual High, Low, Neutral, Reverse drive options.
- Power claims, weight and price are in the ballpark with other recreational side-by-sides.
- The Sport machine has the wheels/tires, seats, box rails as well as a pre-runner bumper, sport steering wheel and the big-daddy FOX suspension.
- A USFS-approved spark arrestor serves to muffle the stainless-steel exhaust system.