See photos of Round 2 of the 2013 MotoGP season in the 2013 MotoGP Circuit of the Americas (CoTA) photo gallery.
- Marc Marquez was fastest at CoTA in both Free Practice sessions on Friday.
- MotoGP rookie Bradley Smith was 13th on the timesheet following Friday's free practice sessions at CoTA.
- "Today was always going to be difficult because this track is really technical, difficult to learn, and you need time to be able to learn all the secrets to go fast. So to be sixth fastest and make such big progress is pleasing," said Cal Crutchlow after Friday's practice sessions at CoTA.
- Andrea Dovizioso struggled with bike issues during practice at CoTA, but still posted the seventh-fastest time.
- Nicky Hayden came through ninth-fastest after Friday's practice at CoTA.
- Jorge Lorenzo came in fourth-fastest after Friday's practice sessions at CoTA.
- Jorge Lorenzo (99) ran a lonely race to finish third at CoTA.
- “It's been a very positive first day," said Marquez. "We took the top time and, even though these are only practice sessions, this is important."
- Marc Marquez (93) and Dani Pedrosa (26) in a close battle for the lead at CoTA.
- Marc Marquez took his first premier class pole position at CoTA.
- Marc Marquez is now the youngest rider to ever win a premier class race.
- Dani Pedrosa was second-fastest after Friday's Free Practice sessions at CoTA.
- Valentino Rossi (46) had a few moments running head-to-head with Marc Marquez (93) during Friday's practice at CoTA.
- Valentino Rossi on the start line at CoTA. The Doctor went on to finish sixth.
- Ben Spies struggled at CoTA with pain in his chest and back stemming from an earlier shoulder injury.
- The new Circuit of the Americas is one of the most technically demanding stops on the 2013 MotoGP schedule.
- MotoGP in the Lone Star State at Circuit of the Americas 2013.