See photos of the 2013 Japanese Grand Prix at the Twin Ring Motegi in the 2013 MotoGP Motegi photo gallery.
- Jorge Lorenzo stormed to pole position during an unusual 75-minute qualifying session after Friday's practice sessions were canceled at the Twin Ring Motegi.
- Aleix Espargaro (41) is top CRT for 2013 but braking issues caused him to crash out at Motegi.
- Ducati's Nicky Hayden and Andrea Dovizioso in front of a packed house at Twin Ring Motegi.
- Jorge Lorenzo celebrates his 30th career MotoGP victory with a win at Motegi, cutting the points lead to 13 on Marquez.
- Jorge Lorenzo fends off the Repsol Honda advance during the Japanese GP. The Yamaha ace claimed his 30th career MotoGP win and the 200th victory for Yamaha in the premier class.
- Jorge Lorenzo gave Yamaha its 200th Grand Prix victory with his win at Motegi.
- Stefan Bradl (6) and Alvaro Bautista (19) battled for the number four position at Motegi.
- MotoGP Motegi 2013 podium with Jorge Lorenzo (center) in first, Marc Marquez (left) in second and Dani Pedrosa (right) in third.
- Marc Marquez (93) pushed hard to close the gap on Jorge Lorenzo (99) at Motegi, but settled for second-place instead.
- Valentino Rossi (46) trailed Marc Marquez (93) and Dani Pedrosa (26) for a brief period until braking issues caused him to fall well behind in the pack.
- Jorge Lorenzo (99) and Valentino Rossi (46) slipped into the number one and two positions off the start. Lorenzo held the lead to the checkers while Rossi fell behind with braking issues.
- Valentino Rossi (46) finished sixth at Motegi followed by Cal Crutchlow (35) in seventh.