- Jorge Lorenzo secured pole position in record breaking fashion at Phillip Island.
- Jorge Lorenzo (99) earned his sixth win of the season at Phillip Island.
- Aleix Espargaro clinched the 2013 CRT championship at Phillip Island.
- Andrea Dovizioso and teammate Nicky Hayden at Phillip Island.
- Lorenzo snagged pole position despite hitting one of the Island's notorious seagulls.
- A mandatory bike swap was enforced after Bridgestone announced it couldn't guarantee the safety of its tires at Phillip Island for more than 10 laps. Here Lorenzo jumps to his second mount to finish the race.
- Marc Marquez entered pit lane one lap late and was eventually disqualified from the race.
- Valentino Rossi fighting against Cal Crutchlow and Alvaro Bautista at Phillip Island.
- Lorenzo leaves with an 18 point deficit on leader Marquez after the race at Phillip Island.