MotoUSA took a spin on the 2013 Vespa GTS 300 Sport Special, see photos in the 2013 Vespa GTS 300 Sport Special Review photo gallery and read the full report in the 2013 Vespa GTS 300 Sport Special Scooter Review.
- The GTS' sleek lines are enhanced by the satiny black finish on the SE.
- Wheels look small, but the GTS is stable at speed and goes over bumps surprisingly well.
- It's fun holding the bike on its side through a turn and then feel it quickly bob back upright like a rowboat on a stormy sea when you release pressure on the handgrips.
- The Vespa GTS 300 Sport Special was quite fun in the twistys.
- Cornering clearance is good on the right, but the center stand tang can touch down on the left.
- The front suspension was lacking when the going gets really rough and bumpy.
- Vespas are just fun, a combination of simple, reliable operation, low operating costs, spry handling, fashion-forward styling, comfort and convenience.
- Scooters like the Vespa are reliable, quiet, powerful, easy to ride and plenty fast to keep up with modern traffic conditions.
- Easy-to-read, straight-forward instrumentation.
- Red shock springs look trick – on the road the aviation-inspired front suspension design is just adequate.
- Storage box looks big, but can't handle full-face helmets.
- 22 horsepower of motive force comes from a dependable 278cc liquid-cooled Single.
- Another spot to keep small odds and ends safe.