We ramble through Texas Hill Country and down to Galveston on the 2013 Victory Cross Roads Classic to offer this first ride review of Victory’s classic-styled bagger.
- The fork-mounted windscreen on the 2013 Victory Cross Roads Classic is tall and deflects plenty of wind without inhibiting light steering action.
- The power of the Cross Road Classic's Freedom 106 is deceptive. It doesn't overwhelm riders with too much immediately available torque but has no problems getting up to highway speeds either.
- The studded leather saddlebags held an Ogio bag worth of clothes, camera equipment, laptop, shoes and a handful of toiletries.
- We rambled around Texas Hill Country to give the chassis of the 2013 Cross Roads Classic a shakedown.
- The 2013 Victory Cross Roads Classic is one of the most classicly styled motorcycles in the Victory contingency.
- An 18-inch Dunlop Elite II tire in the front is wrapped around a 60-spoke laced wheel while dual 300mm floating rotors with 4-piston calipers provide the braking bite.
- With ample wind protection, an ultra-comfy seat and spacious floorboards, the 2013 Victory Cross Roads Classic has the features to keep riders happy and comfortable for long hauls.
- The studded leather saddlebags of the Victory Cross Roads Classic have easy-locking buckles and are deep and wide enough to cram in plenty of gear.
- We love the sculpted look of the Cross Road Classic's tank and how clean and tight the Freedom 106 is wedged into the sand-cast aluminum frame.
- The 2013 Cross Roads Classic sports an 18-inch front tire with a 60-spoke laced wheel to match its clean chrome bumpers.
- This angle shows the smooth, flowing lines of Victory's 2013 Cross Roads Classic.
- Our stint on the 2013 Cross Roads Classic began deep in the heart of Texas, Austin that is, and included a run to Galveston to cover the Lone Star Rally.
- Between its long, sweeping fenders, distinctive recessed tank, studded leather seat, crash bars and ultra-long floorboards, the 2013 Victory Cross Roads Classic is a real looker.
- The classic styling of the appropriately named Victory Cross Roads Classic was a big hit with the riders we encountered during our tenure in Texas.
- The colors of fall fill the Texas Hill Country on our recent trip to Austin to test the 2013 Victory Cross Roads Classic.
- Victory's Freedom 106 engine has single overhead camshafts with four-valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cam chains and hydraulic lifters.