- Eugene Laverty (58) was able to keep a slight advantage over Tom Sykes (66) in Race 2 at Assen for the win.
- Assen practice was a painful one for Leon Haslam, as the Pata Honda rider crashed and suffered a tib-fib fracture on his left leg.
- Another rain specialist, Sylvain Guintoli proved second-fastest during Friday practice and qualifying at the Assen SBK round.
- Eugene Laverty grabbed the Race 2 win at Assen.
- Sam Lowes took his first World Supersport win in 2013 at the Assen TT.
- Tom Sykes took the Race 1 win at Assen.
- Tom Sykes proved his mastery in the rain by leading the Assen SBK Day 1 timesheet by more than 1.6 seconds from the nearest competitor.
- Tom Sykes led the way in dry conditions at Assen, taking his 13th career pole position.