Yamaha continues to crank out some of the best sport quads in the industry. We sample its latest premium all-around ATV in the 2013 Yamaha Raptor 700R SE First Ride.
- The Yamaha Raptor 700R has one heck of an engine. It is versatile and as mild or as wild as you command with the thumb throttle.
- With its short wheelbase the Yamaha Raptor has the agility of a much smaller quad.
- The Raptor’s suspension is great for play riding and delivers a plush and very forgiving ride. It’s great for someone who wants to ride without discomfort from hitting bumps all-day.
- With its wide track, low stance and live-axle style rear end the Raptor stays planted in the turns.
- Power. The Raptor has plenty at its disposal. The engine also purrs like a kitten and has a nice tough sounding exhaust note.
- The front end of the Raptor has been updated and there is more room at the controls due to a forward location shift of the front fenders.
- The Yamaha Raptor 700R SE is priced at $8799 for 2013.
- For 2013, Yamaha has shifted the Raptor’s final assembly from Japan to its U.S. factory in Newnan, Georgia.