We rack up the hours on our long-term YZ250F keeping it running fresh with periodic maintenance. See how we did it in the 2013 Yamaha YZ250F Project Bike feature.
- We had to replace the clutch in our YZ at the 42-hour mark. We fitted OE components rather than aftermarket as we like the way it functioned in unmodified form.
- We like the OE-fitted Bridgestone M403/404 combo so much we installed another set with a wider 110-series rear offering a larger footprint.
- Although it isn’t the newest bike at the track over the years we’ve gotten accustom to the engine and handling dynamics of the carbureted YZ250F.
- Although it isn’t the best at any one thing the older-generation YZ250F excels in a variety of different tracks.
- Maxima’s Maxum4 Blend Oil lets us stretch the engine’s running time between oil changes to five hours.
- We use Maxima multi-purpose cleaner and chain lube to help extend the life of the drive chain and sprockets.