For 2013 Yamaha made slight cosmetic updates to its YZ450F. We headed out to Glen Helen Raceway to get reacquainted with the machine. Read what we thought about it in the 2013 Yamaha YZ450F First Ride article.
- MSRP on the 2013 Yamaha YZ450F is $8,490 and is available for purchase now.
- The YZF is available in its traditional blue color as well as a white/red colorway.
- Since 2010 the Yamaha YZ450F has only seen small improvement changes to the engine and chassis.
- Both color options feature black rims and a gold-color drive chain.
- 2013 Yamaha YZ450F
- The YZF is equipped with Dunlop Geomax MX51 tires for optimum traction.
- •The rearward-slanted engine allows for straight intake and exhaust ports, creating the most direct path for airflow into the engine.
- Front end grip is superb when cornering but we feel the YZF could use some more rear traction on corner exit, a small issue we have always had with the bike.
- We attacked the big hills of Glen Helen aboard the2013 YZ450F.
- We had a blast ripping up and down the huge hills of Glen Helen Raceway.
- A slew of GYTR parts and accessories are offered for the YZF, making it easy for buyers to trick out their ride.
- Some styling changes for 2013 include a white back fender, replacing the blue color from last years model.
- Since 2010, the YZ450F engine has featured a rearward facing cylinder with reversed intake ports.
- The YZF received new black Yamaha bars for 2013, replacing last year’s Pro Tapers.