Triumph built a touring-ready version of its popular Thunderbird cruiser, adding a quick-detach windscreen, 7.5-gallon saddlebags, and a passenger seat/backrest combo, all powered by its potent 1700cc Parallel Twin.
- The 2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT has plenty of power courtesy of a 1700cc Parallel Twin with a healthy 107.1 bore and a crankshaft with a 270-degree firing interval.
- And miles to go before I sleep, miles to go, before I sleep...
- While Triumph touts it's Hinckley-made tourer as a credible alternative, the British manufacturer has made a Parallel Twin-powered competitor that could easily be a buyer's first choice.
- The 2014 Thunderbird LT is capable of taking riders on a journey to the wild, wild west.
- With a twin-layer construction and a lumbar pad support that's separate from the seat, Triumph has a real winner in the ultra-comfy saddle of its Thunderbird LT.
- The speedometer of the Thunderbird LT is mounted high on the tank, but it takes a deliberate downward glance to read while in motion. Small numbers in the speedo don't help.
- Triumph moved the steering neck of the 2014 Thunderbird LT forward which allowed them to mount on a set of pull-back handlebars aimed to be more comfortable for long stretches.
- The 2014 Thunderbird LT is coming at ya! Look for them in Triumph dealerships come March.
- The 2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT has a good combination of power, handling, comfort and strong brakes, all dressed up with high quality fit-and-finish.
- The 2014 Thunderbird LT sports a high level of fit-and-finish.
- With a 5.8-gallon tank, windscreen, removable leather saddlebags, and passenger seat/backrest combo, the 2014 Thunderbird LT is ready to take two people on a lengthy overnighter.
- The exhaust on the Thunderbird LT have a tri-lobed tail pipe design.
- The windscreen on the 2014 Thunderbird LT allows riders to see over instead of through and provides a fairly good buffer from the wind.
- Triumph teamed with Avon to make the 'world's first whitewall radial tire' for its 2014 Thunderbird LT.
- The 2014 Triumph Thunderbird LT is available in Lava Red/Phantom Black or Caspian Blue/Crystal White for $16,999.