See photos of the World Superbike paddocks inaugural visit to the Sepang circuit in the 2014 World Superbike Sepang photo gallery.
- Loris Baz caused trouble for his teammate in the opening race, crashing out and taking Sykes and Suzuki's Alex Lowes with him. Baz recovered in Race 2 with a fifth-place finish.
- Chaz Davies scored a 4-8 result at Sepang with the factory Ducati.
- Eugene Laverty (58) bested Chaz Davies and Toni Elias for the Race 1 podium in Race 1 at Sepang.
- Eugene Laverty enjoyed a third-place podium finish at Sepang in the opening SBK race.
- The factory Aprilia's battled to the last lap in a dramatic Race 2 finish at Sepang.
- Marco Melandri and Sylvain Guintoli enjoyed a clear advantage over the rest of the SBK field as WSB paid its first visit to the Sepang circuit.
- Marco Melandri scored the double at Sepang, his first victories aboard the Aprilia RSV4
- Melandri bested his teammate, Guintoli, for the Race 1 victory - his first aboard the Aprilia RSV4. Suzuki's Eugene Laverty took third.
- In the second SBK race at Sepang, Melandri bested Guintoli again in a dramatic final lap showdown. Sykes claimed third.
- Despite suffering a DNF in Race 1, Sykes recovered to score a third-place result in the second SBK race at Sepang.
- Tom Sykes bounced back from a Race 1 DNF, caused by his Factory Kawasaki teammate, to take third in Race 2 and retain his points lead.