Honda bumps-up the displacement on its small-bore sportbike for 2015. See photos in the 2015 Honda CBR300R First Ride photo gallery and read the full bike review in the 2015 Honda CBR300R First Ride.
- Gone is the single headlight, replaced by two units that resemble the CBR500R and CBR1000RR.
- Positioning of the clip-on bars is just sporty enough to allow for a slightly forward rider position, but not so aggressive that you’ll find pressure on your wrists like a full-on supersport.
- The new look and better fit for all riders combined with more usable power makes the CBR300R much improved over the CBR250R.
- The CBR300R’s handling is light and nimble around the mean streets of Torrance and Palos Verdes.
- The smoother you are coming to the corner the better things work; push too hard or get sloppy and the rear will jump around a bit.
- In the hands of an expert, the littlest CBR can embarrass less skilled riders on larger and more high-tech bikes in the turns.
- With an increase of just $200 to $4,399, the CBR300R is an excellent small-bore sport bike for any skill level.
- The pegs are just low enough for a comfortable position for my 5’ 10” frame while still offering enough leverage when swopping through the corners.
- In order to align with the rest of the CBR line, Honda restyled the curves and angles of the 2015 Honda CBR300R.
- The restyled exhaust canister has a larger internal volume on the 2015 Honda CBR300R.
- Simple, easy-to-read instrumentation on the 2015 Honda CBR300R.
- At slower speeds the single 296mm front disc and four-piston caliper feels soft, but give it a solid stab at speed and the power kicks and feels great.
- Honda touts the styling as a factor which lets the owner look like a veteran starting with the first ride.
- Save for the slightly diminutive size and less aggressive rider stance, the CBR300R does look the part of a high performance repli-racer at a glance.
- On our short ride, we did plenty of stoplight-to-stoplight blasts and the CBR300R is more than capable of leaving traffic in the dust.