- The 2015 Yamaha SR400 is powered by an air-cooled 399cc Single.
- The SR400 design seems a likely candidate for customization.
- The signature feature on the 2015 Yamaha SR500 is its curious kickstarter. Riders will have to use the kickstarter and hand-operated decompression lever to get the bike running.
- Despite being oriented to newbies, the SR exhibits a high level of fit and finish.
- The 2015 Yamaha SR400 has a 3.2-gallon fuel tank and is estimated to get more than 200 miles between fill-ups.
- The 2015 Yamaha SR400 fuses the styling of the 36-year-old cult classic with a few elements of modern technology, including fuel injection.
- Riding weight is claimed to be 384 pounds, which along with a 30.9-inch seat height will make the 2015 Yamaha SR400 especially accommodating for smaller riders.