Ducati sinks its teeth into the performance cruiser segment with its XDiavel. Take a closer look in the 2016 Ducati XDiavel First Ride Review.
- Ducati challenges the forward control-friendly performance cruiser sector with its XDiavel ($19,995).
- Cruisers aren’t suppose to handle this well around turns. Don’t tell that to Ducati. The new XDiavel astounds with effortless road holding and abundant ground clearance.
- The more sport-oriented XDiavel certainly won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. But for those seeking added ‘pow’ during their weekend rides, the XDiavel delivers.
- With a claimed curb weight at 545 pounds, the XDiavel is more maneuverable during low, and high speed maneuvers that other bikes in its class.
- As usual, Ducati infuses the visceral performance riders expect from the brand into a fresh segment with the XDiavel.
- The standard seating position puts pressure on the bottom of the spine compromising an otherwise functional riding stance.
- The $3000 more expensive ’S’ model adds eye-catching hardware in the form of contrast-cut wheels and timing belt covers. There’s also forged side-swingarm/engine brackets, up-spec front brake calipers, billet mirror stalks, and a special fuel tank graphic and radiator covers. The seat cover is upgraded, too.
- The XDiavel’s deep dish seat appears wide and cozy in theory. But in standard configuration, it did cause lower discomfort after a day’s ride.
- A iPhone 4-sized color dash display graces the XDiavel. It sure looks pretty, but we wish engineers positioned above the handlebar so it would be easier to peek at while riding.
- Style, sophistication, and performance merge with the release of Ducati’s forward-control XDiavel power cruiser.
- The XDiavel ditches Ducati’s typical chain for a belt final drive. This reduces mess, maintenance, and noise.
- The heart of the XDiavel is a long-stroke 1262cc (77-cubic inch) version of its ex-Superbike spec Testastretta L-Twin. It also features Ducati's novel variable valvetrain architecture for added performance and fuel efficiency.