We embarked on a three state, 1600-mile journey aboard the 2016 Indian Chieftain for this first ride review of Indian’s big bagger.
- The 2016 Indian Chieftain is a more than capable road trippin' machine.
- The cockpit of the 2016 Indian Chieftain is nice and open, its saddle is comfy, and the back shock provides a smooth ride, making for a motorcycle that's easy to do long rides on.
- The big skies of Oklahoma and the pastures of the Choctaw Nation's Pleasant Valley Ranch provide the perfect backdrop for the 2016 Indian Chieftain.
- Just past this entrance to Devils Den State Park awaits a serious series of switchbacks, the perfect road to test the handling of the 2016 Indian Chieftain.
- You could see for days on the "Winding Stair National Byway."
- The torque of the 1811cc engine of the 2016 Indian Chieftain was able to power us up to vistas like this with ease.
- Out of Texas and into Oklahoma. We took the 2016 Indian Chieftain for a 1600-mile test ride.
- Our six day, three state, 1600-mile journey on the 2016 Indian Chieftain started in Austin, Texas.
- The 2016 Indian Chieftain in the Silver Smoke colorway is one fine looking machine.
- When a sign says the road ahead is called "Winding Stair," you know you're in for a treat.
- The fairing of the 2016 Indian Chieftain does a bang-up job of shielding riders while the dials and display provide plenty of easy-to-see information.
- We rumbled through the Arkansas Ozarks on our way to the 2015 Bikes, Blues & BBQ rally on board the 2016 Indian Chieftain.