We rumble along the Columbia River, through Hood River Valley, and up Mt. Hood to bring you first ride impressions of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra, Harley’s Sharknose tourer outfitted with a Twin-Cooled High Output TC103 engine, Reflex Linked Brakes and a Slipstream triple vent system. Read all about it in our 2016 Road Glide Ultra First Ride Review.
- After spending a day in its saddle, between the relaxed riding position and protection from buffering, we still felt fresh in the saddle of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra.
- After a couple year's hiatus, the Road Glide Ultra returns to Harley's lineup upgraded with the full Project Rushmore treatment.
- Crack the throttle of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra and its torquey 1690cc V-Twin responds in kind with generous power surges.
- Dual Daymaker headlights of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra have great punch and spread.
- The Sharknose fairing of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra has the Splitstream triple vent system.
- The bars of the 2016 Road Glide Custom are 1.9-inches higher than the standard Road Glide's bars and fall easily to hand.
- While the rider's seat has been lowered and reshaped, the passenger seat of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra is one inch wider, one inch longer and reshaped for better lumbar support.
- Throttle response is impressive and reaction to rider input is instantaneous on the 2016 Road Glide Ultra.
- New wraparound LEDs on the Tour-Pak of the 2016 Road Glide Ultra boost visibility.
- Though it carries a lot of mass, the 2016 Road Glide Ultra turns in easily and is stable in turns.
- The 2016 Road Glide Ultra is equipped with Harley's Twin-Cooled High Output Twin Cam 103 that puts out a claimed 105.5 lb-ft @ 3750 rpm.
- Ergonomics on the 2016 Road Glide Custom situated me almost perpendicular to the bike which made for comfortable hours in the saddle.
- Dual floating 300mm rotors with Brembo 4-piston calipers hold down braking duties on the 2016 Road Glide Ultra.
- Big power in a smooth, comfortable package with abundant storage. We're glad to see the Road Glide Ultra back for 2016.