- Weighed as a set, the Avon was the second-lightest, registering 6.4 ounces heavier than the class-leading M5 but 21.6 ounces lighter than the hefty Shinkos.
- Like the Metzeler M5’s, a set of Avons will put you out over $400.
- Avon 3D Ultra Supersport.
- The Avon’s single-rubber compound built heat quickly, arriving at its operating temperature in just over a minute on the Big Track.
- Outright grip from the Ultra Supersport wasn’t quite at the Japanese rubber’s level, but it was close.
- In lap times the Avon’s were impressive right from the get-go, recording the quickest outright time on the Big Track (1’31.8).
- While the Avons didn’t exhibit the outright adhesion of some rivals, the Ultra Supersport’s highly predicable handling, quick warm-up and favorable flex characteristics made it easy to get a feel for them on the track.