Behind Heath Voss’ CRF450R – Heath Voss is not like any other
mechanic we’ve talked to for this “Behind the Bike” series.
- Voss has been running the 'unlucky' number without any negative effects.
- Stock motor, except for the Hinson clutch.
- Voss even makes his own bike stands!
- Renthal suppliers the stock bars, and Voss runs stock triple clamps.
- It's rare to see a top-tier rider working on his own equipment.
- The engine timer keeps track of how long a bike had been run.
- Stock steel pegs, slightly modified.
- The Works Connection clutch perch with teflon sleeve on the bar.
- Everyone's running these holeshot devices.
- Nice graphics!
- MB1 takes care of the extra abuse Supercross puts on suspension.
- Voss has come full circle from his early days as a Honda privateer.
- Not much different than anyone else's bike.
- On the left is an older practice bike, in the center is his race bike, and in the truck, a fresh bike getting built.
- Don't be too disappointed, but nothing too fancy for this top-level racer.
- A pile of parts as a new bike gets checked out.
- Heath likes the reliability of the stock motors. Once all those hop-up parts get put in the maintenance factor increases.
- Doug Dubach is an old friend and his company, Dubach Racing Development, provides the exhaust systems for Voss.
- A quick solution to a potential bad situation.
- Voss is a long-time Supercross competitor. Having been on the Factory Yamaha team, he knows exactly what he's up against.
- This bike is a working proof of how good stock machinery is these days.
- Voss has been quietly going about his business and is currently in ninth overall with three races to go in 2007.