Behind Kevin Windham’s CRF450R – Lars Lindstrom is second generation
- Windham started the season slow, but as of late he and his CRF450R have been stepping it up a notch.
- Lars Lindstrom says that because Windham's bike setup is pretty much normal, just about anybody could hop aboard and be comfortable on it.
- KW likes his footpegs in the stock location.
- Windham's CFR450R uses a Yoshimura titanium pipe.
- Works Connection provides the skid plates on Windham's CRF.
- Ignition for K-Dub's bike is programmable HGA with a start mode button on the handlebar.
- The sprockets are by Tag Metals with an EK Chain.
- Lindstrom says that Windham's brake pedal and shifter are in the standard position.
- Though Windham's setup is pretty much normal, he does like the setting on his jets to be perfect.
- K-Dub's bars are a little taller than standard.
- Windham looks to Lindstrom's experience to keep his bike tuned for maximum performance.
- Lindstrom has the skills to keep the #14 Honda at the front of the pack.
- The front end is anchored by Works Nissin brakes and rotor.
- Windham rides under the Sobe No Fear banner.
- Having AMA Motorcycle Hall of Famer Gunnar Lindstrom as a father enabled Lars Lindstrom to be in the pits and learn the trade at an early age.