MotoUSA rides Troy Corser’s factory BMW S1000RR to see what the first-year machine is capable of. Read the full story in our 2009 World Superbike Comparison.
- The heart of the beast - S1000RR BMW World Superbike
- BMW's aluminum frame uses the engine as a stressed member.
- BMW S1000RR World Superbike
- SteveO gets a chance to ride Troy Corser's S1000RR around the Portimao circuit.
- Troy Corser's BMW has a lot of goodies including top-shelf Ohlins.
- Big Brembos stop the S1000RR quickly.
- The Akrapovic exhaust in full carbon.
- Static shot of Troy Corser's S1000RR BMW World Superbike
- Carbon fiber is a common item on the WSBK BMW, clear down to the rear chain guides.
- Troy Corser celebrates on the BMW S1000RR during Round 10 at Brno.
- The Bore and Stroke are the same on the WSBK and production machine but the WSBK features a higher compression ratio.
- Dressed in its World Superbike livery the BMW S1000RR
- The BMW WSBK S1000RR produces over 200 hp at 14,000 rpm.
- BMW World Superbike Team - Ruben Xaus and Troy Corser
- Ruben Xaus awaits the start of World Superbike
- Troy Corser awaits the start of the Valencia round.