See photos of the all-new Brammo Empulse R in the Brammo Empulse R Review photo gallery. Read more in the Brammo Empulse R review article.
- The Enertia didn't do this... the new Brammo Empulse sports more pleasing pull at the rear wheel.
- The Brammo Empulse R gets ups the performance factor of the electric motorcycle concept.
- Though far heavier than the previous Brammo models, the 479-pound Empulse feels slender and transitions easily compared to its ICE rivals.
- The Empulse holds up well to a spirited pace, with its competent chassis performance.
- The Empulse chassis is more than up to the tasks of spirited slash and dash riding. We didn’t feel the need to fiddle with the adjustable suspension, as it’s compliant without being soft.
- The Brammo Empulse sources a J1772 port to accommodate faster-charging stations when available, which cuts the familiar 110-volt recharge cycle of 8 hours to 3.5 hours.
- Smoke em if you got em... the Empulse encourages such hooligan antics.
- Taking an inquisitive look at the novel Empulse R with Brammo's home Rogue River Valley in the background.
- A small radiator tucked behind the fork cools the Empulse's permanent magnet AC motor.
- Performance from the Empulse is a little more gritty and real-world ready than its Enertia predecessor.
- The seven BPM-15/90 battery packs deliver better range from its 9.3 kWh of capacity.
- The changing face of transportation - expect to see more of these higher-speed charging stations as America's transportation fleet begins to diversify.
- The Brammo Empulse represents a high-performance green transportation option - the 9.3 kWh of battery power able to recharge from sustainable resources like wind and solar.
- Ideally an urban commuting tool the Empulse delivers real motorcycle performance from its up-spec chassis.
- The Empulse riding position is upright with a slight forward lean - very much like the Triumph Speed Triple it was benchmarked against.
- Brammo's plans include consolidation of its Oregon operations into a former Wal-Mart located in Talent, Oregon - near its current Ashland headquarters.
- The Empulse R impresses with its performance gains, and it represents a true coming-of-age for the electric motorcycle concept.