The BST (Blackstone Tek) carbon fiber wheels look like a million bucks but we wanted to see what the measurable gains were versus stock wheels. We fitted them to our Honda CBR600RR Project Bike and spun some laps at Thunderhill, all in the name of science! Read our full impressions in our BST Carbon Fiber Wheels Review.
- Carbon fiber wheels like these from BlackstoneTek are one of the most gorgeous additions you can make to a motorcycle. The good thing is, they offer an immediate performance gain that can be seen on the scale, lap timer or your seat of the pants dyno!
- Apparently, less reciprocating mass slows down easier too. Who would’ve guessed it would be such a significant gain though?
- In that Turn 3 to Turn 5 section the BST wheels made up over a half second including the slight speed advantage on the drive out of them.
- The fact that you can manipulate the motorcycle with slightly less effort and feel the improved turn in response right away had us impressed with the performance advantage offered by the BST carbon fiber wheels.
- Our own Road Test Editor, Adam Waheed was the test Gunther, diligently turning laps and providing valuable feedback for this review.
- “If you're looking for a simple bolt-on performance upgrade that will pay dividends in braking, acceleration and handling these BST wheels are definitely worth the price.” =Adam Waheed
- BST wheels come with the following: External spacers as required, cush drive and sprocket carrier. They do not come with a sprocket and the stock sprockets will not work so make sure to order a sprocket at the time the wheels are purchased: The PCD of the 5 holes in the carrier is 100mm and the ID is 76mm.